Sunday, February 24, 2008

Does this make my butt look big?



You know why it's so hard to get in shape for bikini season? The whole season leading up to the sunshine days is working against you!


I mean, we finally recover from the holiday eat-a-thons...


Doesn't that look good?

So anyway, we finally recover from the holiday overeating and start the season of "prep-work." But the problem is, it's a little hard to work out when the weather is so crappy! It's like mother nature is working against you! It's like she's sabotaging everything because she doesn't like the competition!

Take today, for instance. I decide that I need to go for a run. Yet, it is pouring outside. Now, this isn't an out of the blue "I'm gonna start running" moment. No, I have been running quite frequently lately, thank you very much...

Running to the cleaners, the post office, late to work...

So why does mother nature insist on crying her eyes out the day I wanna flatten my bootie? Probably because she saw my not so six pack abs (they're down there somewhere!) I mean, I was really getting steamed.

But, I went anyway. In the rain. 3.5 miles. Mostly uphill. And it was cold. And my nose was running all down my face. And my stupid i-thingie ran out of juice. And this car hit a puddle that landed all over me. And some teenage boys drove by and catcalled at me. And I got muddy.

And it was the highlight of my day. Look out summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go lizzard!!!

I have been cutting out snacks and extra bottles of wine. ^_-

Nicole said...

Great picture! Good for you for getting out there and exercising. I keep thinking about doing it, but it doesn't happen.