Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm really trying here - Spring Forward Edition

Ahh, Spring is in the air.

I am convinced that when our little suburban tract was first put up for sale, it must have been exactly this time of year.


This is why..

Breathtaking isn't it?

These pink trees line our whole street. When the wind picks up, it looks like a warm, pink snow is dusting the block.

They look like big globs of cotton candy, I think. Reminds me of D.C., although this time of year I think its rainy and cold. I'll take my 70 and sunny!

I wonder if anyone else on the block has taken notice of these pretty trees?

Hmmmm, I sure do like free decorations!


Oh, I forgot to show you our tree...

It's situations like this, that make me title my blog, "I'm really trying here."

Sometimes I think I get the short end of the stick. (Keep going, it's not this one...)


Sigh. I have the runt of the litter.

Maybe he's just a slow learner.

Happy (early) Spring!

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is that tiny sunted baby one? Oh lizz, that sucks, but still- free decoration! Remy just had a bath and he is biting his squeky dino. He'd like me to tell you that he hopes to meet you & lulu soon. He thinks he might Lulu, becuase he's not met anyone his size yet, and I told him she was petite.

Laurie Anne said...

I LOVE those pink puffy trees (that's what we call them). When I was little every house in our neighborhood had pink puffies in them and when spring rolled around it was a amazing. Every house we have lived in has had a pink puffy tree. When we bought our first house the first thing we did was plant one. It just doesn't seem like spring until they bloom. Don't worry, yours will "catch up" :0)

Nicole said...

The trees are blooming on our street now too, and it is so pretty. Maybe yours needs a drink of fertilizer?

Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

Where or where did our Lizzy Mae go?

You've arrived! You even have spam comments now!