Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sugar rush!

We tried to make caramel apples the other night. Here's a chocolate "jimmie" one. I used the biggest juiciest Granny Smith apples I could find.



OOoooohhh, this one was made with caramel shortbread cookies. Notice it is also squished. We put them on the plate to soon! (see blog name)





(I need a manicure!) The only problem with our cute apples was the darn caramel. I think I overcooked it because it was C.R.U.N.C.H.Y. Break your fillings crunchy. (again, see blog name)


Does anyone have a good caramel apple recipe? Mainly the caramel part, my teeth are begging you!

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”

-George Bernard Shaw




3 comments:

Kate said...

Ohh, I want the one with the cookie crumbs - fillings and crowns be damned... I haven't had a caramel apple in years.

Love the new wallpaper!

xxoo
YFM

Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

What new wallpaper?

I have to say I love the quotes at the end of each post. Boy are you doomed now - we are going to expect a new and relevant one each post.

I understand there is going to to be a KILLER party at your house this Summer. Your mom said something about us each bringing our own wine box and not mentioning it to you since you'll be in Florida or something....

Anonymous said...

have a great time in disney world! Your mom i slooking forward to a relaxing week of sewing! Did you melt the caramel candies to make the caramel? It looks thick and lovely!