Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just do it already

Okay, this isn't a lecture. BUT, I think we all need to start thinking about the environment more. With gas prices this high (I'm going to start buying my fuel in TJ) and freaky weather, we've got to do something.
My effort this month? I picked up some of those reusable bags they sell for less than a buck at the grocery store. And I'm trying to remember to use them.



Every time I use them at the place I bought them, I am worried that the checker will ring me up for them. So, I added some of my own ribbon.
Another benefit? Carrying in your groceries is WAY easier! The bags fit twice as much as any one time use bag (paper OR plastic) and the have these great straps that will go over your shoulder.

That's my green effort for the day, what's your next move?

3 comments:

Maddi Rose said...

Another good thing about the reusable bags..some stores will PAY YOU (like 5-20 cents) to use your own bags!

pretty cool!

love your styleish bags!

Nicole said...

Sara gave me a very posh one for my birthday. It is super well made, almost a proper tote or handbag, with a cool rope handle. In appliqued letters on the front it says "Not A Plastic Bag". Everyone is going to want one of these!
Now, if I could just give up my habit of those little plastic water bottles.

Robert said...

I carry mine through the hardware stores and collect things to buy. Strange feeling. It works pretty well through, good and sturdy. Works really well for heavy stuff. The oily stuff is a drag. 'guess I can use their little baskets for that.

Last time I was at the HD, the guy started to put my Consumer Reports bag (quite styleish, too, nice blue color) into their plastic bag with my other stuff...wait, stop, hold-on...