Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Through the collecting glass


Sigh. I think my martini glass collecting is beginning to wane. (Look above the cabinets) The space I have for them is getting very full and manufacturers just aren't coming out with as fun designs as a few years back.


Instead I think I may be turning my attention to other glass things. I suppose I am like a moth to a flame - A clumsy, barefoot girl with two dogs who likes to relocate a lot collects fragile glass things.

I love this new candy dish shaped like a fan that I picked up for a buck. I also scored a couple heart shaped glass dishes that would look great with some hershey's kisses.

Or maybe glass pitchers. This one in particular has an "A" pressed into it, which reminds my of one of my aunts. I have two other glass carafes. Not quite a collection, yet... but I like where this is going.

And then there is my cake dome. And damn Martha had to do a huge feature on kitchen domes and how hot they are right now. Shoot.

Of my three choices, these are my current favorite to begin a collection with. Of course, of the candy dishes, carafes and domes, the domes take up the most room. Why can't I take up collecting thimbles? Sigh, I'm really trying here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liek your Martini glass colelction displayed liek that! I adore glass domes too, but I keep BREAKING mine. I can hardly stand it. Ryan has a nice glass caraffe that is etched from WineMaker Magazine for soem award he won, its fun to use as a vase. I have my teacup collectiont hat I adore, but i never drink tea of of them, nor do I havea palce to display them. Oye.

Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

You can use the M word and allude to me in the same post. It just isn't right. I love domed plates. I have a few of them and some are quite small so they don't take up too much room.

Andrea - Under a Blue Moon said...

I meant you CAN'T use the M word....

Maddi Rose said...

Temecula, CA
SEVERE WEATHER ALERT
Forecast Details:
Lots of sunshine. Very hot. High near 100F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

according to Yahoo.com H2O and Sunscreen!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Update!! We miss your wrioting! I want to hear all about Disney World!!! I was hoping you'd come back and tell us you and Joe were engaged... but I haven't heard anything yet... ^_-